Monday, September 27, 2010

2010-09-28 morning

After the ordeal last night, I ended up waking up just after 8 AM. My phone's alarm, as well as the hotel wake-up call (4 AM and 4:30 AM respectively), had failed to wake me. I actually only woke up when I heard voices outside of the room (thanks random Japanese people!). I thought, "FUCK". All the work in the last two weeks was more or less wasted if it couldn't play in this most critical game. I quickly reassured myself that with Suj, even the single machines he has are very big and fast. Playing with a new cluster version would be very risky anyways. And in any case, I had to bust my ass to get to the tournament hall if I didn't want to forfeit the game.


I took a quick shower and walked very quickly to the tournament hall. The weather was very humid, it had been raining earlier. I arrived at the hall 10 minutes before the round, sweaty and tired from the walk. I was only the third person there, though, so I had a bit of time to settle in and prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment